GENERAL INFORMATION ON GZRSC LIBRARY , AIZAWL , MIZORAM
The College Library is located at the entrance of the building. Library service is the back bone of the teaching- learning process. It tries to provide the right information to the right users at the right time. Hence, the library staff give their best effort to fulfill the objective of the library
1. Working Hours : The Library opens on all working day from 9:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
2. Library Committee : As per UGC norms Library committee is formed where the Principal is the Chairman , Librarian as Secretary and 3 members representing Teaching Staff, Administrative Staff and Students. The committee takes responsibilities on acquiring the materials, and other activities relating the development of the library under the chairmanship of the principal.
3. Acquisition Procedure: Whenever fund is available, it is distributed as per requirement by the department and each and every department is informed to submit their requirement to the Principal or Library Committee and if the committee found genuine It is then, processed for purchase of the same.
4. Collection Development: Being a growing organism, library is trying to increase and fulfill the requirement of the target users so as to obtain their right information .The number of Collections as on 3rd Nov2015 are:
5. Organization of Books : Collection of Library resources are arranged in a systematic way. All library books were technically classified using ‘Dewey Decimal Classification’ system (23rd edition). New arrivals of books, Journals and Newspaper are properly displayed
6. Maintenance : Books are kept in an open access so that users may search their required materials easily . Regular dusting and cleaning is done properly.
7. Circulation Service : Circulation Service is the main service offered by the library, charging and discharging is done through the system using standard library Card. Standard library software SOUL 2.0 is used for circulation service. Library Card is issued to students and faculty members and the students are allowed to keep the 3 books for 15 days and 10 books for faculties for one semester.
7. Orientation Programmme : Orientation Programme is organized at the
beginning of the session for the fresher students.
8. Reprographic Service : This is an important service in this library. Due to lack of sufficient number of materials, Reprographic service is provided with a lower rate than that of market rate though we are facing shortage of manpower . It immensely help the students requirement for materials.
9. Suggestion Box : To get the suggestion of the target users , Suggestion box is placed at the entrance of the library so that best services may be provided for the users. Through this services users can share their idea for the development of the students.
10. CCTV(Closed Circuit Television) : CCTV was installed in the library so that every movement of the users can be traced for the safety of the library.
11. Documentation Service : University Exam Questions, Syllabus, College Magazines, selected topics from newspapers, Government gazette and Statistical hand books are kept properly in case they are required for the exam as well as for future research materials. Back volumes of the journals were finely binded and kept it properly.
12. Library Staff : Only One staff ie Library assistant is permanently engaged in this library At present three staff are serving at the library, one ivth grade and one qualified Librarian are attached. Hence, shortage of manpower is a great problem faced by this library.
13. Library Automation. : The college purchased Library Software SOUL2.0 for Rs 30000/- from INFLIBNET , Ahmadabad in May 2011. Technical Assistants were temporarily employed for data entry by that time. Hence, The software was being utilized since Jan 2012 for circulation and for issuing ID Card.
14. UGC Network Resource Centre: The College Library is backed up with UGC Network Resource Centre with broadband internet facility so that users can freely access internet for their academic information need. This centre is placed inside the library premise .
GENERAL PROFILE OF COLLEGE LIBRARY
|Name of Post||Quantity|
Note :At present GHC Librarian is attached since 18.06.2014 till date
College Library started functioning in 1980 with a collection of 3000 volummes. There are 2(two) Staff : Library Assistant and library Attendant.
Expected date of completion: End of this year ie 2016-‘17
Copyright © Reserved ® 2020
Government Zirtiri Residential Science College
Accredited B Grade (CGPA 2.75) by NAAC in 2016
The only Model Science College in Mizoram by RUSA