GENERAL INFORMATION ON GZRSC LIBRARY, DURTLANG
Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College Library was established in the year 1980.The College Library is located at the entrance of the building. Library service is the back bone of the teaching- learning process. It tries to provide the right information to the right users at the right time. Hence, the library staff give their best effort to fulfill the objective of the library.
1. Working Hours: The Library opens on all working day from 9:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
2. Library Committee: As per UGC norms Library committee is formed where the Principal is the Chairman, Librarian as Asst. Secretary and 6 members representing Teaching Staff, Administrative Staff and Students. The committee takes responsibilities on acquiring the materials, and other activities relating the development of the library under the chairmanship of the principal.
3. Acquisition Procedure: Whenever fund is available, it is distributed as per requirement by the department and each and every department is informed to submit their requirement to the Principal or Library Committee and if the committee found genuine it is then, processed for purchase of the same.
4. Collection Development: Being a growing organism, library is trying to increase and fulfill the requirement of the target users so as to obtain their right information .The number of Collections as on 21st October, 2021 are:
5. Organization of Books: Collection of Library resources are arranged in a systematic way. All library books were technically classified using ‘Dewey Decimal Classification’ system (23rd edition). New arrivals of books, Journals and Newspaper are properly displayed.
6. Technical Processing: All the books in the library have been technically classified using Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) 23rd edition. After Classifying books have been entered on accession register followed by data entry using SOUL 2.0.
7. Maintenance: Books are kept in an open access so that users may search their required materials easily. Regular dusting and cleaning is done properly.
8. Circulation Service : Circulation Service is the main service offered by the library, charging and discharging is done through the system using standard library Card. Standard library software SOUL 2.0 is used for circulation service. Library Card is issued to students and faculty members and the students are allowed to keep the 3 books for 15 days and 10 books for faculties for one semester.
9. Orientation Programme: Orientation Programme is organized at the beginning of the session for the fresher students.
10. Reprographic Service: This is an important service in this library. Due to lack of sufficient number of materials, Reprographic service is provided with a lower rate than that of market rate though we are facing shortage of manpower. It immensely helps the student’s requirement for materials.
11. Suggestion Box: To get the suggestion of the target users, Suggestion box is placed at the entrance of the library so that best services may be provided for the users. Through this services user can share their idea for the development of the students.
12. CCTV (Closed Circuit Television): 7 channels CCTV was installed in the library so that every movement of the users can be traced for the safety of the library.
13. Documentation Service: University Exam Questions, Syllabus, College Magazines, selected topics from newspapers, Government gazette and Statistical hand books are kept properly in case they are required for the exam as well as for future research materials. Back volumes of the journals were finely binded and kept it properly.
14. Library Staff: Only one staff i.e. Library assistant is permanently engaged in this library. At present four staff are serving in the library:
At present the Government cannot grant the Post of Librarian. In order to assist the need of the College Library the college employed qualified Librarian (Casual Employee) for the Post of Librarian from 1st October, 2020.
15. Number of Library Members:
16. Library Automation. : The college purchased Library Software SOUL2.0 for Rs 30000/- from INFLIBNET, Ahmadabad in May 2011. Technical Assistants were temporarily employed for data entry by that time. All the Library books and Library cards have been computerized and bar-coded by using this software. Hence, the software was being utilized since Jan 2012 for circulation and for issuing ID Card.
17. UGC Network Resource Centre: The College Library is backed up with UGC Network Resource Centre with broadband internet facility so that users can freely access internet for their academic information need. This center is placed inside the library premise.
18. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue): The services of OPAC in the library started functioning from March 2021 in order to meet the need of the users where they can easily access their required information and save the time of the readers.
19. N-LIST: Under this programme all the Faculties and students have been provided Login Id and password which are freely accessible for the users. These resources contain thousands of e-journals, e-books and databases.
20. Service Rendered:
21. Library Equipments: The Library has been equipped with the following:
Steel Bookrack - 47 nos
Wooden bookrack - 15
Journal display rack - 3
Reading tables - 29 seaters
Cubicles - 12 seaters
Desktop computer - 9
Laser printer - 1
Photocopier/Xerox machine- 2
Lamination machine- 1
Barcode laser scanner- 2
Broadband internet connectivity- 1
Property rack – 4
SOUL 2.0 server-1
Non-Print material showcase- 1
22. Library Collection Statistics (as on Oct. 2021):
Total no. of Book volume – 13121
Total no. of Titles – 4446
Computerized database catalogue – 12467
Non-Print Materials – 109
Teachers (2020) – 4
Students (2020) – 24
Teachers (2021) – 2
Students (2021) – 12
2020 – 12865
2021 – 12865+256 = 13,121
e-books – 195,809 + 600000 e-books through NDL
e-journals – 6,293
Copyright © Reserved ® 2022
Government Zirtiri Residential Science College
Accredited Grade A (CGPA 3.09) by NAAC in 2022