Overview of the department
The Electronics has been introduced to keep pace with emerging trends in the field of research and development.Conventional subjects in computer era will not be able to provide sufficient information to the fast growing technology. Knowing this basic need, the college also put forward a proposal for establishing Electronics department in 2002 to Government of Mizoram. At the same time, requirements were collected and after receiving a green signal, Electronics Department was established in 2003 starting with first year B.Sc. students. The first batch appeared for exam in 2003 under NEHU. Presently only General papers are allotted to this department.
- To motive the student in learning electronics and make them enjoy the subject.
- To inspire the students in practicing their electronic knowledge and utilise it for public
- To finish the course of Curriculum and other works assigned to this department satisfactorily.
- To extract the students’ best ability and make them rank holders in the University exams.
Every year/semester the Faculty members of Electronics meets to discuss Plan for development and improvements of Electronics subjects and means students improvement. The Plan in general be listed down as:
- Improve Library and laboratory by listing out the required facilities and submit to the Principal.
- Improve/modify the syllabus by listing out new topics that may be included or topics which are irrelevant to the topic given in the syllabus.( This has been submitted to the concerned Board of Studies of the Mizoram University)
- Organise Departmental Seminar for Teachers and Students ( Students are given marks for their performance and teachers are awarded with certificate which could be utilised in PBAS).
- Project as per curriculum/syllabus assigned to students. The Department sometimes bought these project kits from market and distributed to students in subsidized manner.
- Distribute the topics for each teacher semesterwise/annually and distribute the time slot in the routine.
Detail Syllabus, Study Materials and other useful materials can be found at our Discussion Forum here.