Venue : Lecturer’s Common Room
Date & Time : 25thSeptember 2019 1:00 p.m
Chairman : Dr.Lalhmingliana Hnamte ,IQAC Co-ordinator
Resource Persons :1.Prof.Lalnundanga,Registrar,MizoramUniversity
The Chairman welcomed the faculty present and invited Dr.R Lalengmawia to give a short speech. On invitation, he stressed on the need to give our utmost for the next NAAC Team visit and the importance of the seminar. He then declared the workshop opened.
The resource person Dr.Lalbiakzuali was then invited to give her talk. She began with an introduction of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council which has it’s headquarter at Bangalore. Recently a new office has been opened at New Delhi. She highlighted the fact that a new system of evaluation has been introduced which is entirely technical in nature. The self assessment process is done through online report submission. The third party assessment has also been introduced in the new system. Certain points that were highlighted by the resource person were the Accreditation Framework of NAAC,the process of registration, Contents of SSR, Quality Indicator Framework. She also discussed the seven criteria consisting of the following :Curricular Aspects ,teaching learning and Evaluation, research innovation and extension, Infrastructure and learning Resources, Students Support and Progression, governance leadership and management, Institutional Values and Best Practices
Resource Person : Prof.Lalnundanga, Registrar, MZU
The Principal was invited to address the second session. He acknowledged the contribution of the IQAC co-ordinator in organising the one day workshop on NAAC Awareness. He also thanked the Resource persons for sparing their precious time.In the second session Prof Lalnundanga was invited to give his talk on the NAAC accreditation process. The following are important points were highlighted by the resource person :
- He stressed on the importance of NIRF ranking, especially in terms of funding. The criteria is almost similar hence every institute should attempt to acquire NIRF ranking simultaneously.
- The accreditation process is essentially a process of self-reflection.
- The new process is very different from the previous one .The peer team is responsible for only 30% of the accreditation process.
- IIQA is not to be submitted before SSR is ready as the IIQA cannot be corrected once it is submitted.
- The quantitative matrix which forms 70% of the SSR component should be addressed first after which the qualitative matrix can be taken care of ( not to exceed 500 words)Suggest that one person or not too many persons should be responsible for writing the SSR as distribution of work could lead to lapse in documentation.
- Quantitative Matrix : there has to be consistency in all activities during reporting year.
- Log in number of the past NAAC Assessment to be used.
- Data has to be fed year-wise. It should be criteria-based.
- All events must be documented with attendance sheet, some photos& videos and summary of the event
- Activities must be organised properly with a vision of the remaining years ahead. Too many activities may not count
- Teacher’s profile with documents must be kept ready: Appointment orders, adhaar, pan cards, ST/SC Certificate, seminars, conferences.
- Teachers with PhD have higher scores but there has to be some uniformity in matters of publication etc
- Information on Alumni during the assessment period is required. Appointment letters/order to trace placement record.
- Profile of students for the last five years to be collected.
- Student satisfaction survey is activated as soon as SSR is approved. Student’s information to be collected: name, email, college id, ST/SC, valid phone number.
- Identification of job-oriented course /curriculum.
- Extension activities are important. The reports must be supplement with award letters.(DVV does not recognise appreciation letters)
- Co-ordinators must be aware of the requirements of the SSR. Criteria –wise distribution of tasks to be given to members of core /steering committee to charge of writing the SSR.
- SSR carries 70 % of the grading and hence utmost care must be given in filling up the forms.
- Examination department has a great responsibility in tracing the performance of the students. Percentage of marks for the last 5 years
- The number of students opting for higher students must be documented.
- Feedback to be collected on Curriculum: Students, Teachers, Parents, Alumni, Employers.
- Academic Audit to be carried out.
- Administrative and green audit must be done atleast once within the assessment period .
- ISO Certification must be obtained.
- Documents to be uploaded 45 days prior to the due date.
- Co-ordinator Lalrinsangi Nghinglova who proposed the vote of thanks expressed words of gratitude to the resource person Prof Lalnundanga and Dr lalbiakzuali, the Principal, sub-committees such as Research and Seminar committee, Reception, Refreshment, Light and sound and all the participants whose presence made the event a success.
Department of English
Government Zirtiri residential Science College